Thursday, February 16, 2006

Watch Me 16mm

I'm taking a film class this semester. yeah - film, not video. I've never worked with film before and its a little wild. I thought I'd show you my first creation. It's based on a funny little children's book called "Watch me", in which the character (a young child) begs her parents to watch as she slides, jumps, rides a bike, etc. At the end there is a bike crash. I have changed the story a bit in places. Well - ok it really isn't the same story, but it was fun anyways.


Click here for Quicktime movie (in a new window)

Runtime is 1:54

Technorati Tags: Techhonrati tags: , , , , ,

7 comments:

B said...

I love it! Great transfer. I'm sorry I screwed up the lighting :(

Anonymous said...

Funny how the film format (and the black and white) makes it look like it's from the 60s.

Mike Machenry said...

Yeah it is funny. Although I think the huge sunglasses and retro shoes help the cause a bit...
-serra

Devin said...

Neat.

*jealous*

How was it digitized?

Lukas Blakk said...

film rules! - i try to make as much as possible on super 8 AND i work for an independent film distributor in toronto (www.cfmdc.org) if you ever have any experimental films you want to try and get out there...very fun short, i love seeing film on vlogs.

Carl Weaver said...

Great footage, Serra. However, I don't approve of the violence toward the light bulbs. Who are you - Sam Peckinpah?

Carl

Anonymous said...

aaaaaahh!!! i love the girl's dance! right before the smash the lightbulbs! the girl in all black just dancin away! :) SOOO cool!!! :) rock on!!!

ha on a complete side note...the letters i had to put in for the word verification at the bottom spelled out Ciuelf and i read it as ciao elf ;) hehe!!! funny stuff!