Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Merlin on Drugs

Merlin had to have surgery on his foot, apparently sometimes when cats are declawed and it isn't done quite right, the claw can try to regenerate over time, but by that time it has nowhere to go so it just sits inside the foot being really irritating and eventually tries to grow out some random place. which is what happened to merlin. This amazes me, because he was declawed when I got him and I've had him for 5 years! So they had to go in and remove the offending parts and amputate a part of one of his toes, because the internal infection had gotten so bad. poor guy!! so he's ok now but he is NOT happy. in fact, this is almost certainly the most offended merlin has ever been. usually he's just scared, but this time he's pissed off. there's no question about it. maybe a little humiliated, too, if i can anthropomorphize so much...


Click here for Quicktime movie (in a new window)

Runtime is about a minute

Technorati Tags:

10 comments:

Devlon said...

Poor stoned kitty. Nice to see you posting again!

Beautiful cat.

Faux Press said...

XOXOX to you and dear magical Merlin-kitty.

Carl Weaver said...

Poor Merlin! I hope he is doing better. Please give him my best.

Did Devlon just call you a beautiful cat?

Headsoff said...

you speak as though that's a bad thing.. ;-)

Anthony said...

I used to work for a vet. Drugged animals are an interesting subject part of me feels really bad for them cause I get the feeling they have no clue what is going on and they are so helpless until the drugs wear off. The other part of me just can't help but find it a bit humorous that they can't stand up straight and bump into everything.

Hope Merlin if feeling better.

B said...

Mer is home! He's such a good buddy. I'm glad he's doing better. He's the best door greeter at someone else's house. I show up and he lets me scratch his butt until he falls over with glee. Merlin is king of JP.

Argrow Images said...

Hello Serra,

Very nice Vlog you've got.

I found you via Andrei's blog -
My Life With Bad English.

I studied near Boston as well.
It's sad I didn't see your vlog
before, I guess I didn't check it
'cause you dont get any picture in
profile, so I thought it's not interesting :o(

Keep vloggin', it's nice what you're making.

See you latter,

Alexandre :o)

possibly vacuous said...

Aww Merlin. That's such a bummer. I hope he's feeling better now!

Chris said...

Hang in there Merlin.

taxiplasm said...

aww, my dog, who's tiny as ever, was bitten by a beast of a dog last year and had to have surgery on his back and it's sad because he used to be able to run up and down the stairs and jump up on my bed but now I have to carry him. But of course I still love the little runt.

-taxiplasm